Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bickerstaff Descendants - U.S. ?

My mother's grandfather, Thomas Bernard Bickerstaff, had 11 children, 8 of whom lived to adulthood.  All are deceased.  Where are their descendants?  They would be of my mother's generation, my first cousins once removed; their children would be my second cousins. 

Richard C. Bickerstaff - had 2 children, my mother and my aunt, both still living
Charles B. Bickerstaff - had a son and a daughter [deceased]
Agnes B. Bickerstaff Coffin - had 3 children, 2 boys [1 deceased] and a girl
Barbara P. Bickerstaff Gifford - had 2 sons, both deceased, and a daughter
Alger F. Bickerstaff - had 1 son [that I know of], now deceased
Robert P. Bickerstaff - had a son* and a daughter
Erla M. Bickerstaff Russell Chase had no children that I know of
Myrtle L. Bickerstaff Gifford - do not know if she had children

*Robert's son Bob Jr. is the Bickerstaff who corresponded with John Eric Wolfe in England regarding the family in England and the "20,000 pounds going to Chancery" [see prior posts re: Agnes and Thomas Bickerstaff's mystery father and probate court]


*Corrections 7/2012 per Bob Bickerstaff [not a "Jr."]:  

Agnes Bickerstaff Coffin only had one child - a son. 
Alger F. Bickerstaff had three children. One daughter is deceased. 
    The other daughter and the son are both still living.
Erla Bickerstaff Russell Chase had four children from her first marriage.
Myrtle Bickerstaff Gifford did not have any children. 




Another correction - sadly, both of Richard Bickerstaff's daughters, my mother and my aunt, have now passed away.  


Would love to hear from any Bickerstaff cousins.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Corrections to Bickerstaff Descendants:

I believe that Agnes Bickerstaff Coffin only had one child - a son, Thomas.

Alger F. Bickerstaff had three children. One daughter, Bertha, is deceased. The other daughter, Marion, and the son, Alger, Jr., are both alive and living in Missouri.

Erla Bickerstaff Russell Chase had four children from her first marriage (to Cecil Russell) - Pauline, Donald, Harry, and Bernard.

Myrtle Bickerstaff Gifford did not have any children.

posted by Bob Bickerstaff (Robert L. Bickerstaff, son of Robert P. Bickerstaff) on July 13, 2012.

K. Danielsen said...

Thanks for the corrections, Bob! Nice to hear from you again.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Kim! Hope all is well with you. If you'd like to get back in touch, my email address is the4bicks@juno.com. I'm not sure if I have a current address for you. I might be at the point that I could find some old photos for you. At any rate, Best Wishes to you in the New Year. Bob

Anonymous said...

Myrtle L. Bickerstaff Gifford

Anonymous said...

Myrtle L. Bickerstaff Gifford - we may be descendants ??

K. Danielsen said...

Hi Ariana! It was my understanding Myrtle had no children....is that wrong? Would love to hear more. You can email me directly at rmagickd@yahoo. Com.

Janice Yeoman said...

This is Janice (Bickerstaff) Yeoman, daughter of Robert P. Bickerstaff and sister of Robert L. Bickerstaff. I am married to Donald R. Yeoman. My children are Christopher Robert Yeoman (b. 5/17/1975 - d. 1/17/1998) and Julie Katherine (Yeoman) Govert (6/11/1979). I just found this blog and hope that this helps with the Bickerstaff family genealogy.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Lisa Norfleet Johnson. I am one of three daughters from Pauline Russell Norfleet. Pauline was one of Cecil and Erla Bickerstaff's children. I was trying to gather some family history and found this web site. My mother is recently deceased and the three daughters live in Tennessee. Would love to know extended family.